Whether you’re medicating for a legitimate condition or consuming cannabis where you shouldn’t, here’s how to get rid of the smell of weed so as not to land in hot water.
Many of those passionate about cannabis like to medicate where they please. But in places where it’s not appropriate, or frowned upon, here’s how to get rid of the smell of weed before someone comes a-knockin’.
Despite the increasing legality of cannabis, there are countless places where its consumption is inappropriate. Whether you’re in rental houses, dorms, public events, your car, or a hotel room, there are many places where it is best to leave no trace. The consequences can be serious in some instances. Where in Grandma’s house, it may entail a slap on the wrists, in other areas, it may result in a fine, or worse yet, jail time.
In other situations, consumers like to remove the smell of cannabis smoke from their own homes. Whether it’s to protect kids or avoid offending visiting family or friends, there may be many reasons why a house that smells of cannabis is inappropriate.
How to Get Rid of the Smell of Weed
The smell of cannabis remains both on oneself, and in the immediate environment. While it’s almost impossible to remove the smell of cannabis entirely, there are a few time-tested tricks that’ll help consumers avoid offending anyone.
How to Not Smell Like Cannabis After Smoking
Aside from your breath, the smell of cannabis will stick to clothes and hair for some time after smoking. To help diminish the scent, here are some quick tips to avoid standing out in a crowd.
- Brushing your teeth, using mouthwash, or chewing gum will all help remove the smell of cannabis from your breath.
- Washing your hands after you smoke a joint or bowl can help eliminate any residual odors and resin on your skin.
- Hairspray, styling gel, or leave-in conditioner, can all help remove the smell from your hair. In other cases, perhaps consider wearing a jacket or hoodie after smoking.
- In instances where no odor is acceptable, consider having a change of clothes on hand to change into after smoking.
How to Get Rid of the Smell of Weed From the Environment
Masking body odor is one thing, but that’s only half the challenge. Masking the smell in the immediate environment presents its own challenges. Here is a list of recommendations that’ll help neutralize any medicinal stench that builds up indoors.
- Wax burners and scented candles can be a big help. Light a candle or wax burner for as long as you can before and after smoking to help cover up the smell.
- At home, cooking something aromatic can often help mask the smell of cannabis.
- Odor neutralizing products like the those offered by Kushley are the ace in the pocket of many medicinal cannabis users. Kushley offers lotions, candles, sprays, and more. The pocket mister is a lifesaver when it comes to helping clear the air around.
- In emergency cases, when you need to cover the smell of cannabis with immediate effect, a common last resort for many is a burnt bag of microwavable popcorn. It’ll take between one and three minutes to do, and it may be what saves you in those emergency situations.
Useful Gadgets and Ideas to Disguise the Smell of Cannabis Smoke
Used by those who smoke where they shouldn’t, a device known as a “sploof” can serve to neutralize the smell of cannabis smoke indoors. And what’s more, with some household materials, you can build your very own sploof.
Made from toilet paper, a paper towel tube, anti-tobacco spray, and an elastic band, consumers exhale smoke through the sploof, and a filtering mechanism within serves to neutralize the smell. While sploofs are simple and often effective, if you’re burning a joint indoors, they won’t be of much use!
Another alternative is to use the old reliable fan to chase the smoke from a burning joint out the window. Just make sure that you don’t blow the smoke towards a nosy neighbor’s window or any young children playing on the street.
Alternative Methods to Minimize the Smell of Cannabis
There’s only one true way not to deal with the smell of cannabis, and that’s not to smoke it. And with a legalized market that’s spreading far and wide, that’s never been easier. There is no end to the number of ways to now enjoy cannabis. Full-spectrum extracts that maintain the medicinal properties of the plant are available in tincture, edible, and concentrate form.
With simple and effective administration methods, it now means that patients can medicate just about anywhere without fear of offending others or leaving a lingering odor indoors or on their person. After all, it’s no fun to smoke cannabis and then have to deal with the stress of disguising the odor while under the full effects!