You found it!
What did you find, you ask? You just scored the complete guide on how to get rid of weed smell. If you’re like so many other dedicated and passionate cannabis consumers, smokers and tokers, then you’re going to find a way to smoke everywhere.
The problem with this is that weed smells. From just having it on you to smoking it, if you have good weed someone is going to smell it. Terpenes(also called terpenoids) are responsible for the intense aromas of cannabis. Cannabis genetics have evolved over the decades, and so has the smell. The smell of weed can land you in trouble.
Many places and people still frown upon or outright oppose you smoking weed. Places like rental houses, apartments, villas, condos, dorms, public events, grandma’s house, your car, hotel rooms, and an ongoing list of other places can have consequences for lighting up. Consequences of some serious explaining to family and friends or even worse, a fine or jail!
Just because you want to smoke some weed doesn’t mean you want where you smoke at to smell like a Cypress Hill concert. Some of the most popular cannabis strains today have an incredibly strong aroma like these three fav’s do.
- Girl Scout Cookies
- Gorilla Glue
- Exodus Cheese
Some people choose to hide the smell of weed because of kids, friends, loved ones, and other reasons. If you’re one of these people, you might enjoy all the different ways others try to cover up the smell of their weed.
Common Reasons Why People Want to Hide the Smell of Weed
- Embarrassment – some people are embarrassed like parents that smoke who don’t want their kids to find out.
- Co-workers – nobody wants to lose their job because of a coworker snitching on you for smelling like weed.
- Church friends or family stopping by – we all know church friends and family need no invitation. (YES, some church people do smoke weed too)
- Parents – not only will you most likely get an ear full they’re also likely to spank you or worse, make you pay rent or move out. Most people don’t ever want their parents to find out they smoke weed.
- Police – for obvious reasons you don’t want to have them involved if there’s weed typically. Nobody wants to catch a case unless it’s a case of the munchies or giggles.
- Managers – No matter if it’s a club, theme park, movie theater, managers are there to catch you doing things you’re not supposed to be doing, like smoking weed in most public places.
There is one surefire way to cover up the smell of weed, and that’s don’t smoke it. That doesn’t mean you can’t consume it still. There are all kinds of cannabis-infused edibles you can eat, and nobody will be the wiser about it but you. There are even transdermal patches and cannabis tinctures!
You can vape or dab as the smell of a vape pen doesn’t linger or stick to you like a joint or bowl. You can take cannabis capsules to get your weed in too! But, we all know though that it’s not the same as smoking weed.
Keep in mind that these methods are only examples of what has worked for others and they may or may not work for you. Let’s look at some different weed smoking scenarios together. We’ll look and see if any of the creative solutions for covering the smell of ganja might work for you at your next sesh.
Different Ways to Keep the Smell of Weed at Bay
The first thing to remember is that no matter how hard you try to get rid of the smell of weed, it will linger some. Take steps and plan ahead with contingencies to help mask the smell that does stick around. That doesn’t mean smoke a joint, bong, or bowl in your room and burn incense or spray a can of air freshener to try and hide the smell.
The smell of weed will stick to your clothes and will stay on your breath for a while. That smell will cling to your hair too. Not to mention that the smell of weed can hang around (like a wook) for hours. Never fear because help is here. Keep these BLAZIN tips in mind for keeping the smell of weed from consuming you and getting you busted.
- Have a change of shirts or clothes handy for after you smoke, but not in the room with you while you smoke.
- Cook something that covers the smell. Bacon, pizza, or dinner in the oven can help mask the smell of weed.
- Brush your teeth, use mouthwash, or chew gum as it may help remove the smell of marijuana from your breath.
- Washing your hands after you smoke a joint or bowl can help eliminate any residual odors from resin attached to your skin.
- Hairspray, styling gel, or leave-in conditioner can help remove the smell from your hair. Wear a jacket or hoodie that can be put up after smoking.
Now that we’ve covered ways to keep the weed smell from sticking on you it’s time to work on masking the air where you plan to smoke. Keeping the odor of pot off of you is only half of the challenge but an important part. Check out these lit techniques that have worked for many smokers and midnight tokers over the years.
- Wax burners and scented candles can be a big help for starters. Bed Bath and Beyond has some incredible candles! Yes, they cost a little more, but when you smell them in a room, you’ll see why. They’re so worth the few extra bucks, they are, that good. Burn a candle or wax burner for as long as you can before and after smoking to help cover the smell.
- Odor neutralizing products like the ones offered by Kushley are an ace in the pocket for covering up the smell of weed. Parents and grandparents can use this product to help keep their kids and grandkids from asking questions. Kushley offers lotions, candles, sprays and more. The pocket mister can be a lifesaver when it comes to helping clear the air around you from unwanted smells.
- If you’re in a pinch and need to cover the smell of weed fast, you may want to resort to burning microwave popcorn. Burning microwave popcorn can usually be accomplished in an average of 1-3 minutes using a microwave depending on its power level. Burnt microwave popcorn can make the difference between you getting caught or living free to smoke another day.
- If you are at the Fish section of a pet store in your neighboorhood, purchase some Filter Carbon. Using a plastic bottle with the Filter Carbon, you can create a spoof that will help you hide the smell of the smoke.
Click here to be taken to Reddit and see the original source for Carbon Spoof
These are some great ways to mask the smell of the air around you and to get the smell of weed off of you and your clothing. These tips can be a valuable resource when you’re trying to have a sesh but don’t want to get yelled at, kicked out, or placed under arrest.
All these tips are great but here comes the icing on the cake.
There are other tools and tactics that you can implore to help neutralize the smell of weed even more. Adding these to your arsenal can give you the edge the next time you need to blaze in a forbidden space.
Getting Rid of Weed Smell When Smoking Indoors
Say your smoking at home or in a rental property and don’t want others to know. You might not be able to sesh like Snoop Dogg, but you can still get the job done. Use a smoke buddy (or sploof). You can buy one or make one yourself. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Paper towel or toilet paper roll
Place the dryer sheets inside of one end of your paper towel roll. When you smoke, blow the smoke through one end of your smoke buddy toward the dryer sheets allowing the smoke to be filtered. This method works best with a one-hitter or bowl with a cap and an exhaust fan in a bathroom. Blow the smoke towards your exhaust fan. When finished, discard your disposable smoke buddy in the trash.
Placing a fan in a window reversed can keep the smell out of a room, but the downside is that fan could blow that weed where you don’t want it. Like in a nosy neighbor’s window, the direction of children, or towards authorities. So be aware of which way and where the wind blows before using this method.
Combine your smoke buddy with the methods mentioned earlier in this article in “Different Ways to Keep the Smell of Weed at Bay.” Methods like cooking something, changing clothes, or burning candles. When these methods are used with the smoke buddy and exhaust fan technique, many sesh’s are successes.
Getting Rid of Weed Smell When Smoking in Your Car
In most places, this is a no-no that can land you in jail. You should never smoke weed and drive a car at the same time. But, if you are, say, parked or driving on private property, in a place like Colorado, your car may be the perfect spot for a sesh. That doesn’t mean you want the smell of your weed to linger like a Cranberries song.
Roll down or crack the windows. Try to avoid using the heat or air as the smell may stay in your vents. Auto air freshers like the clip-on ones made by Yankee Candles on your vents for when you turn the heat or air on after you smoke are a big help. You can even diffuse essential oils like the ones you can find at Oils of Time. Having an odor neutralizer like Kushley or Febreeze will also give you an extra layer of protection.
If you’re a cigarette smoker, now is the time to light up. Remember it’s not just your car the smell of weed will stick to its also you. Chew gum after smoking, have hand sanitizer handy or keep a body spray close. If you smoke, try to find a vape cartridge you like and a battery that gives you the hit you need. They can be a lifesaver.
You can vape in a crowd 99% of the time, and nobody will know you’re not vaping e-juice.
Now you’re equipped with the knowledge of how to get rid of the smell of weed. Everybody knows that sharing is caring so be a bud and share this blazin information with others. When you puff-puff and pass on the torch of knowledge about weed you’re helping to keep the flame of cannabis eternal.