This is the perfect time of year for sipping on warm drinks like a specialty coffee.
It’s Fall again, and the reign of the pumpkin spiced latte is back for another season. This sensational drink has come to dominate this time of year. But, the pumpkin spice latte is just the start. This time is really about settling into sweater weather, slowing down, and turning an intention inwards. Pumpkin spice lattes are just one of many possible specialty coffee creations that can support a cannabis-infused twist. Cannabis drinks are the next evolution of cannabis edibles, but you don’t have to wait until they become a commercial sensation. You can easily make specialty cannabis-infused coffee or potent Fall beverages at home.
So, settle into that oversized sweater and worn-in slippers. Grab a book or put on a movie, and wrap your hands around one of these deliciously infused drinks on the menu.
The Easiest Specialty Coffee: MCTC CBD Coffee Pods
Heading into fall is all about unwinding from the busy chaos of summer vacation. If the summer months are about packing in as much activity as possible, the fall is about staying home and getting cozy.
And while there is plenty of time for getting creative in the kitchen, maybe today is the day you want a simple infusion. A set-it-and-forget-it way of enjoying a specialty coffee drink, but without the fuss.
Hemp You Can Feel™ has just launched a line of CBD infused K-Cups that revolutionize the infused coffee market. First, you can feel better about single-use coffee pods because these K-Cups are one hundred percent compostable, even the peel-back lid. Second, they roast all coffee in house, and work with ninety-five percent organic ingredients.
Third, these CBD-infused coffee pods come with a dual-action infusion. Hemp You Can Feel™ relies on an Israeli company’s patented technology to transform cannabis oil into a bioavailable format — honey. Layered on top of this is another dose of CBD, using a different patent-pending infusion technology. The unique combination is a CBD-coffee experience you can feel.
Buzz With Bullet Coffee and a Dash of THC
The second specialty coffee on the menu is a twist of the classic Bullet Coffee. This coffee has been made famous by entrepreneurs in the tech industry. The combination of healthy fats and caffeine is said to provide an added boost of energy, mental clarity, and creativity.
If you’ve never tried Bullet Coffee before, a dash of butter in your coffee may sound unappealing when you envision a sheen of oil spreading across the surface of your cup. But, a high power blender emulsifies the fats with the coffee, for a delightfully frothy final product. You’d be surprised just how much a Bullet Coffee tastes and feels like a latte, without adding any milk.
1 tbsp Cannabutter (or Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil)
2 cups hot brewed coffee
1 tbsp liquid sweetener of your choice
- Add Cannabutter and coffee blend into a high powered blender. Blend on high for 45 seconds.
- Pour into a mug, and add sweetener if desired.
Infused Spiced Pumpkin Latte
Recipe Adapted From Inspired Taste
Everyone needs a dose of Pumpkin Spice Latte during the fall season. So why not improve the experience with a dash of cannabis-infused coconut oil? If you felt the warm and cozy vibes from a Pumpkin Spice Latte before, imagine how relaxing you’ll feel after one with a cannabis infusion.
- 1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee
- 1 tbsp Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil
- 2 cups milk (oat milk works for a vegan alternative)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- Whipped cream, for serving
- In a pot over medium heat, combine milk, pumpkin puree, and sugar.
- Heat until the sugar has dissolved and mixture has come up in temperature. Do not boil.
- Turn off heat. Whisk in remaining ingredients, except Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil.
- Add pumpkin-coffee mixture and Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil into a blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds, or until frothy.
- Pour into a mug, and top with whip cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice.
Coconut, Cardamom, and Cannabis Specialty Coffee
Adapted from Lovers.Coffee
For anyone over the pumpkin spice latte trend, you can still achieve those same comforting sensations with new fall flavors. As only one example, let’s try a Coconut, Cardamom, and Cannabis Specialty Coffee. This warm, autumn drink borrows the spicy flavors from classic chai tea but puts a new medicinal twist on it.
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (ex: oat, soy, rice milk)
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 4 whole cardamom pods, cracked
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 whole cloves
- Pinch of cayenne (or less if too spicy for you)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, or other sweeteners
- 2 tbsp Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil
- 1 cup strongly brewed coffee
- Combine all ingredients, except cannabis, coffee, and sweetener, into a small pot over low-medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Stir. Do not boil.
- Strain mixture into a high powered blender.
- Add coffee and cannabis to the blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds, until frothy
- Pour into a mug, and add sweetener of choice.
Fall Edibles Are About More Than Baked Goods
With so much focus on cannabis-infused snacks these days, we quickly forget about the possibilities offered by cannabis-infused drinks.
Specialty coffee, in particular, dosed with a dollop of cannabis, delivers medicinal effects in a mild and soothing manner.
So as we head into Fall, take a few notes from these warm and comforting drink recipes paper writers. Put on that big sweater, grab your favorite book, and get cozy.