Tweak Grandma’s Cookie Recipes For A Cannabis Christmas
It looks like Christmas could be a whole lot greener thanks to some extra special cannabis baking recipes.
Make everyone’s Christmas dinner that much more exciting with cannabis. Bring a box of home-made infused peanut butter balls, or THC-laden butter cookies. Even mom and dad will enjoy a little cannabis Christmas baking. As everyone gets a little more comfortable with legal weed, even grandma is jumping on the bandwagon. This holiday season you don’t have to sneak around the family if you want to enjoy a sweet and potent infusion.
If you’ve never baked with cannabis before, it’s a lot like baking the usual way. Cooking with cannabis is merely a matter of swapping out the oils or fats within a recipe for the cannabis-infused oils and fats. Follow the recipe carefully, and soon you’ll have a delicious treat to bring to the next Christmas potluck.
If you need a bit of holiday inspiration, here are a few of our favorite Christmas infusions, straight from our kitchen to yours.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
The only warning about these delicious chocolate peanut butter balls is it’s hard to stop at just one! They are so good — you may want to make a batch of conventional ones — just in case the munchies hit. A good idea is to try a few in advance to confirm potency before handing them out to others. Also try to ensure no one eats one on an empty stomach.
These sweet Christmas goodies are easy to make ahead of time and have on hand should friends and family arrive unexpectedly. They also make a thoughtful gift for the host or hostess of any holiday celebrations you’ve been invited too.
You will need:
- 2 cups of peanut butter
- ½ cup of cannabis coconut oil
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- Parchment paper
- Mix peanut butter and cannabis coconut oil into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until it is smooth (approximately 30 secs to 1 min).
- Gradually add powdered sugar into the mixture until a dough forms. Gently knead the dough on the parchment paper.
- Roll the peanut butter dough into balls. You can make them whatever size you like but start small, remember there is THC in there.
- Put the ball on the parchment paper and refrigerate for 1-2 hours until hardened.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Stirring occasionally to ensure they melt evenly and without burning.
- Remove the peanut butter balls from the refrigerator. Using a spoon, place them one at a time into the melted chocolate and roll until thoroughly coated. Place back on to parchment paper.
- Refrigerate the chocolate coated cannabis peanut butter balls for around 30 mins. This will harden the chocolate around the cannabis peanut balls.
- They are now ready to serve — store in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
Dangerously Potent Cannabis Christmas Shortbread Cookies
Nothing reminds us of the holiday season quite like a batch of shortbread cookies. Whether you prefer them plain-jane, with a dollop of icing, or a handful of chocolate chips scattered through them — shortbread cookies mean it’s Christmas time.
The basis of any shortbread cookie is butter, which makes these a prime candidate for canna butter substitution. This is another make-ahead-of-time recipe, ready to go when you are. Make in early December and store in your fridge or refrigerator until needed. Decorate with royal icing the day of, or for an extra special treat dip into chocolate and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
You Will Need:
- 8 tbsp cannabis-infused butter, room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- and ¼ cup confectioners sugar
- Sift flour and salt into a large bowl, set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, beat cannabis butter until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the confectioner’s sugar, beating on low-medium speed.
- Add the vanilla extract, continue to mix.
- Mix in the flour mixture slowly. During this stage, you may need to switch to mixing by hand.
- Once the mixture comes together into a smooth, pliable dough, remove from the bowl and form into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for two hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and on a floured surface, roll out using a rolling pin. Roll out until it is ¼ inch thick.
- Using Christmas shaped cookie cutters, cut out the cookies and place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- If the cookie dough is too soft by this point, you can refrigerate the tray for an hour until firm.
- Preheat oven to 325°C.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the bottom of the cookies turn golden brown.
- Cool on cooling rack.
- Decorate as desired.
THC-Infused Chocolate Bark
The best part about a chocolate bark recipe is you can personalize it based on what you have in the pantry and your tastes. It is as adaptable as you want it to be, making it the perfect stress-free cannabis Christmas medible.
Use dark chocolate, white chocolate, or milk chocolate; or why not combine all three? Add any nuts and seeds you have on hand, or crush up a candy cane from the tree and sprinkle on top. Get creative and use your imagination! The only two ingredients you need to make this THC-infused treat is chocolate and cannabis cocoa butter — everything else is a bonus.
You Will Need:
- ½ cup cannabis-infused cocoa butter
- 12 oz chocolate chips (white, dark, milk, etc.)
- Pretzels, roughly crushed
- Flaky sea salt
- Crushed candy canes
- Crushed nuts
- Candy ginger
- Candy pieces like Reeses Pieces or M&M’s
- Firstly, using a double boiler, melt the whatever chocolate you have chosen and the infused cocoa butter together. Gently stir together as it melts.
- While this is melting, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once completely melted, carefully remove from the double boiler. Using a spatula pour on to the parchment paper and spread the mixture into a thin layer about ½ inch thick.
- Before the chocolate cools, sprinkle over your desired toppings. You may need to press these down gently to ensure they are embedded.
- Place the entire baking sheet into the refrigerator to harden, roughly two hours.
- Remove the tray and break the chocolate apart into rough pieces.
- Store in the refrigerator for two weeks.
Again we recommend making these recipes ahead of time to ensure that the festive period is as relaxing, stress free and enjoyable as possible. Store them in the freezer and just pop them out to thaw when you have a craving.